The policy of Earthmover Tyres (Wakefield) Ltd is to achieve and maintain conditions of work which are safe and healthy for all employees, so far as is reasonably practicable. The Company’s activities will be conducted with appropriate safeguards against exposing either employees or other persons to risk to their health and safety.
To this end Earthmover Tyres (Wakefield) Ltd accept an obligation to actively seek a reduction in the incidence of accidents, dangerous occurrences and hazards to safety or health, and to comply with all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
To make financial provision to meet such requirements and to promote safe working practices by the following;
- Making the work environment safe and without risks to health.
- Realistically combating such hazards as cannot be eliminated, by making available such protective clothing, equipment or devices as are required to protect against hazards.
- Arranging regular inspections of plant, machinery, workplace and processes by competent persons.
- Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to achieve safe working practices, thereby ensuring the safety and health of all employees. To bring to the notice of those who supervise, their special responsibility for safe working.
- Seeking the active involvement of all employees in the Company’s efforts to promote health and safety at work.
- Always considering actual and potential risks to persons not in the Company’s employment, but who may be affected by its operations with the same care and attention as is given to the Company’s own employees.
- Ensuring that hazards are identified, risks assessed and safe systems of work designed and applied.
- Regularly reviewing Company policies, operating procedures and instructions and revising as appropriate in accordance with knowledge and changing circumstances.
We have relevant certification awarded by Avetta which works in accordance with SSiP Approval Agreement – certificate issued 23/02/18 - 23/02/19.